Wins Pull Thread Encountered An Error
Join & Ask a Question Need Help in Real-Time? If the above does not help you follow this action plan: Try Stopping and Starting the WINS service on the affected servers. All rights reserved. WINS will try to recover from it. Source
Event Id 4102 Iastora
All Rights Reserved. Data Words: 0000: 00000a07 e0000008Event InformationPossible Causes for the WINS 4243 Event Messages: You may receive this event message if any of the following conditions are true: 1) You did not Last modified by solarwinds-worldwide on May 21, 2012 10:25 AM. Do not kill WINS in the middle of the recovery.
- To perform a Network Monitor trace: Look up the exact timestamp of the error in the system event log of the WINS server that receives the WINS error 4243, and then
- nnmmss1 Top by rgerhards » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:00 pm In the event log, there should be 4 2-digit numbers (below the message).
- Set this value if you have a large number of WINSs in your configuration and/or if you do not want the local WINS to go to any WINS that is not
- WINS Pull thread encountered an error during the process of sending a push notification to another WINS.
- This video shows you how.
- More documents in Server & Application Monitor All PlacesApplication & ServerServer & Application Monitor Currently Being Moderated Microsoft Windows Internet Name Service (WINS) Events Version 3 Created by solarwinds-worldwide on Mar
- To recover from this situation, follow these steps:1. Stop replication.2. Delete the replication partners.3. Use the Jetpack tool on the database on the hub server.4. Reestablish replication, and then force a
- Filter for SYN (Synchronize Sequence numbers) packets.
- Sign In Register New Discussion Categories Recent Discussions Activity Categories 2.1K All Categories39 Active Directory 63 General discussions 53 Everything else 10 Hardware and drivers 4 Hyper-V 52 Installation help 9
- Uncategorized July 17, 2012 Leave a comment Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)Click
If Windows 2000 WINS server clusters are involved, use only the virtual IP resource for each WINS server cluster as a replication partner. Event Id 4102 Dfsr Check for disconnected or unreachable systems.. and whatever questions else you have. If you continue to see a large number of these errors consistently over time (a span of few hours), you may want to restore the WINS database from a backup.
The Connection Was Aborted By The Remote Wins
To do so, run the following command from a command prompt:netstat -aLook for the total number of sessions and used ports, examine the state of the sessions to determine whether the useful reference Note: If jet*.log files are not in the above directory, check the registry for the directory path. Event Id 4102 Iastora It could be that the records being requested by a remote WINS server have either been released or do not exist.The replication Pull or Push thread is shutting down due to Network Monitor Trace In this situation, a "TCP Sync" packet is sent, but nothing is received (a "TCP Syn-Ack" packet is not returned).
x 1 Anonymous This event indicates an overloaded WINS server. this contact form Comments: EventID.Net From a support forum: "In my case, the problem was caused by the fact I had more than one WINS server listed in TCP/IP settings on the WINS servers Verify that there is not a TCP connection shortage. The error code is given in the datasection. Wins Replication Event Log
You can pre-filter the trace for frames on this port. When doing a consistency check, WINS replicates all records of an owner WINS by either going to that WINS or to a replication partner. Search Recent Posts Microsoft Office Word 2010 Shortcutkeys Hello world! have a peek here It is not a serious error if the WINS server is updating the record as a result of a request to do so from a remote WINS server (When a remote
CONTINUE READING Join & Write a Comment Already a member? The steps below will show you how to achieve just that. In this Article I'll show how to deploy printers automatically with group policy and then using security fil… Windows Server 2003 Using, Creating and Modifying Styles in Microsoft Excel Video by:
In the next cycle, it starts from where it left off and wraps around to the first owner if required.WINS could not read the UseRplPnrs value of the Wins\Parameters\ConsistencyCheck key: If
This recovery process can take a long time. The error code is given in the data section. On all WINS servers, remove the Windows 2000 physical nodes from the replication partner list for Windows 2000 WINS server clusters. 0 LVL 7 Overall: Level 7 Windows Server 2003 If the time is not specified, the check is done at 2 am.
Break replication (On all servers) Run Consistency Checker on all WINS servers. (Verify Database Consistency and Verify Version ID Consistency). If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons! Join Now For immediate help use Live now! Check This Out A WINS server has a Pull partner, but the WINS service is not installed on the Pull partner.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321208 Possible Causes for the WINS 4243 Event Messages You may receive this event message if any of the following conditions are true: You did not configure the replication partnership correctly. Search the trace for frames where the TCP Flags property includes "Synchronize Sequence numbers," and then determine if all these frames were answered. Similarly, if the refresh interval is set to be much less than the replication interval then the records could get released before a WINS can pull them (a released record is Correct the values as needed.WINS could not read the MaxRecsAtATime value (type DWORD) in the Wins\Parameters\ConsistencyCheck subkey of the registry: Set this value if you do not want WINS to replicate
WINS service problems may occur if different WINS servers own the names that a particular WINS server registers. This is because the records might get changed into tombstones and then deleted before the remote WINS can pull them. To prevent these problems, configure each WINS server as its own primary WINS server and secondary WINS server. It looks like you're new here.
See ME168712. Note: To identify WINS push or pull replication traffic, examine the traffic on TCP port 42. Each WINS server that you install on your network must register its own set of unique names and group NetBIOS names in WINS. First Name Please enter a first name Last Name Please enter a last name Email We will never share this with anyone.
Click to clear the check box to restore the default setting.Registry related eventsThis monitor returns the following events:WINS could not get information about a key;WINS could not get information about the