Please Note: Click the [ ] image to expand the troubleshooting instructions for each step below. Instructions for Windows 7 and Windows Vista: Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button. You now have a backup of your WINMM.DLL-related registry entry. You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER. Remarks The sound specified by pszSound must fit into available physical memory and be playable by an installed waveform-audio device driver. More From Us Article System Restore: What It Is and How To Use It Article What Types of Computer Problems Do Registry Cleaners Fix? I've left the majority of hardware troubleshooting to the last step, but your computer's memory and hard drive are easy to test and are the most likely components that might cause
- Because of the time and complexity involved in updating drivers, we highly recommend using a driver update tool such as DriverDoc (Developed by Microsoft Gold Partner) to automate the process.
- This will RE-REGISTER your file.
- Fix winmm.dll now Lifetime License & Full Support Guaranteed $14.95 Read more Try demo for free 106 users ordered from us in the last 24 hours 30-day money-back guarantee ”Thanks!
- ViewStock / Getty Images Windows Error Messages Basics Maintenance Symptoms by Tim Fisher Updated September 23, 2016 Winmm.dll Error MessagesThere are several different ways that winmm.dll errors can show up on
- There was a problem starting winmm.dll.
- Close the command prompt window.
- more stack exchange communities company blog Stack Exchange Inbox Reputation and Badges sign up log in tour help Tour Start here for a quick overview of the site Help Center Detailed
- It allows you to scan for file corruption and restore Windows system files such as WINMM.DLL.
- Even if you are experienced at finding, downloading, and manually updating drivers, the process can still be very time consuming and extremely irritating.
- If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
DLLWINMM.DLL Article ID: 897870 Article Author: Jay Geater Last Updated: Security: UNKNOWN Popularity: 1 Download NowDLL Registry Fix Learn More Tweet Recommendation: Scan your PC for WINMM.DLL registry errors Causes of Reinstalling Windows will erase everything from your hard drive, allowing you to start again with a fresh system. What is winmm.dll doing on my computer? Sometimes resolving your DLL problems may be as simple as updating Windows with the latest Service Pack or other patch that Microsoft releases on an ongoing basis.
English MCI API DLL 90fdaa22f38d9e911f91fa3b8a1f7e5dcb523bc4f80955dbf89bfdbdd813e8f1a1d68c29 Download 32bit18.104.22.1688 64 kb 26.2 kb U.S. SND_SYSTEM Note Requires Windows Vista or later. If this flag is set, the sound is assigned to the audio session for system notification sounds. English MCI API DLL f16410f5d557337b05cf4f93691ec106777af463ca2bf5419b2ef974d73ff58cc1df5a13 Download Need some help installing winmm.dll? The most commonly occurring error messages are: The program can't start because winmm.dll is missing from your computer.
Recommended: Click here for instant PC assistance for WINMM related errors. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-application-has-failed-to-start-because/e48da506-807a-4494-ae36-cee5695f0981 Common WINMM.DLL Error Messages The most common WINMM.DLL errors that can appear on a Windows-based computer are: "WINMM.DLL not found." "The file WINMM.DLL is missing." "WINMM.DLL Access Violation." "Cannot register WINMM.DLL." Errors can also occur from not having the correct version of the dll file or having the dll placed in the wrong program directory. Right-Click to bring up the Start Context Menu.
up vote 1 down vote favorite 1 I'm making a little open source mp3 player for people to see the code, etc. Step 5: Update Your PC Device Drivers WINMM.DLL errors can be related to corrupt or outdated device drivers. If the winmm.dll DLL error occurs when you use a particular program, reinstalling the program should replace the file.Important: Try your best to complete this step. Click on the Windows NT Server-associated entry.
English System APIs for Multimedia b14717f245b8158041869e068fb99cca3558ee58f6142f4fcab479fc179308d4a510ae23 Download 32bit5.1.2600.5512 0.17 MB 84.6 kb Swedish MCI API DLL b282349de03532dd4cb68faa85e131b098b5e7de251bd6394cc77011a462eb0e98041e94 Download 64bit6.0.6001.18000 0.2 MB 0.1 MB U.S. SND_LOOPThe sound plays repeatedly until PlaySound is called again with the pszSound parameter set to NULL. Furthermore, there's a possibility that the WINMM.DLL error you are experiencing is related to a component of the malicious program itself.
Follow the on-screen directions to complete the uninstallation of your WINMM.DLL-associated program.
Instructions for Windows 8: Hover the cursor in the bottom left of the screen to produce the Start Menu image. Locate WINMM.DLL-associated program (eg. Click Programs and Features. Run a virus/malware scan of your entire system.
Many service packs and other patches replace or update some of the hundreds of Microsoft distributed DLL files on your computer. Because they are shared files, DLL files exist outside of the software application itself. Step 1: Manually Register WINMM.DLL Using Microsoft Register Server When you install software that uses the WINMM.DLL dependency, the software should automatically register the file for you. you decide to print your document.
Maintaining a driver backup provides you with the security of knowing that you can rollback any driver to a previous version if necessary. Locate WINMM.DLL-associated program (eg. Works with any Windows PC, 32bit and 64bit, including Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP. Scan your system now to identify issues with this process and services that can be safely removed.
CLICK HERE to verify Solvusoft's Microsoft Gold Certified Status with Microsoft >> CLOSE A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I |